MICROELECTRONIC CIRCUITS byAdel Sedra, Kenneth Smith
This market-leading microelectronics textbook continues its standard of excellence and innovation built on the solid pedagogical foundation that Adel S. Sedra and Kenneth C. Smith have shared with more than one million students to date. All material is thoroughly updated to reflect changes in technology. These technological changes have shaped the books organization and topical coverage, making it the most up-to-date resource available for tomorrows engineers learning how to analyze and design electronic circuits.
The must-cover topics are placed first in each chapter; the more specialized material appears last. Chapters 1to 5 are organized to form a coherent single-semester introductory course. Similarly, Chapters 6 to 9 and 13 present a body of material for a second one-semester course. Finally, Chapters 11 and 12 can be used to supplement a third course on analog circuits, and Chapters 10, 14, and 15 can be used as about half of a senior-level course on digital IC design.
New to this International Version
- Semiconductor primer, covering concisely the basics necessary to study microelectronics
- New chapters on Operational Amplifier Circuits and Advanced MOS and Bipolar Logic Circuits
- New solved examples, exercises, and problems, taking the counts to over 130, 500, and 1400 respectively
- New topical coverage, including the basic gain cell, cascode amplifier, CMRR, differential amplifier with active load, CMOS class AB output stages, and deep submicron design and technology scaling (Moores law)
In the CD
- Input files for all PSpice examples in Appendix G (also in the CD)
- Link to simulation software: Cadence OrCAD
- Step-by-step guidance to help with the simulation examples
- Appendices for the book, including Appendix G on the SPICE device models, and design and simulation examples using PSpice
- following resources are available as support to the text:
- Solutions Manual
- PowerPoint Presentations
About the Author
Adel S. Sedrais dean of the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Waterloo and former Vice-President and Provost of the University of Toronto.
Kenneth C. Smithis Professor Emeritus in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial and Mechanical Engineering, and Information Studies at the University of Toronto.
Arun N. Chandorkaris Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay.
Table of Contents
Part I Devices And Basic Circuits
Chapter 1. Introduction to Electronics and Semiconductors
Chapter 2. Diodes
Chapter 3. Bipolar Junction Transistors (BJTs)
Chapter 4. MOS Field-Effect Transistors (MOSFETs)
Chapter 5. Operational Amplifiers
Part II Analog And Digital Integrated Circuits
Chapter 6. Single-Stage Integrated-Circuit Amplifiers
Chapter 7. Feedback
Chapter 8. Differential and Multistage Amplifiers
Chapter 9. Operational-Amplifier and Data-Converter Circuits
Chapter 10. Digital CMOS Logic Circuits
Part III Selected Topics
Chapter 11. Filters and Tuned Amplifiers
Chapter 12. Signal Generators and Waveform-Shaping Circuits
Chapter 13. Output Stages and Power Amplifiers
Chapter 14. Advanced MOS and Bipolar Logic Circuits
Chapter 15. Memory and Advanced Digital Circuits
Publisher: Oxford University press
Length: 1284 pages