Designed for the standard sophomore- and junior-level course in electro-magnetics, Elements of Electro-magnetics, 3/e, continues the highly regarded pedagogical tradition established by its successful previous editions. It offers students the most lucid and interesting presentation available of fundamental concepts and applications in electro-magnetics. Revised and updated, this third edition adds a new chapter on modern topics covering microwaves, electromagnetic interference and compatibility, fiber optics, and more. A solutions manual accompanies the text.
- Begins with vector analysis and applies it gradually throughout the text, avoiding the frequent interruptions that occur when mathematical background is interspersed sporadically throughout a text
- Incorporates many helpful pedagogical features including chapter introductions and summaries, boxed formulas, multiple-choice review questions, and thoroughly worked-out examples followed by practice exercises
- Treats mathematical theorems separately from physical concepts, making it easier for students to grasp the theorems
- Devotes an entire chapter to modern computer tools used in electromagnetics
- Motivates student learning with more than 100 illustrative examples and over 600 figures
- Provides a balanced presentation of time-varying fields and static fields, preparing students for employment in today's industrial and manufacturing sectors